What is Radiesse?
Radiesse is a filler injected beneath the skin. It’s made up of microscopic spheres of a material known as calcium hydroxylapatite. Those microspheres are suspended within the gel that is injected beneath the skin. The calcium hydroxylapatite in Radiesse is a synthetic form of the same material naturally occurring in your bones. The spheres act as a scaffold, filling wrinkles while allowing your collagen to grow around the spheres. Eventually, the Radiesse is processed out of your body, but the supportive collagen remains. Cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Norberto Soto uses various methods to deliver the product in an efficient, pain-free, bruise-free way.
Typical Treatment Areas for Radiesse
- Nasolabial folds: Also known as “smile lines,” these creases extend from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Marionette lines: These creases extend downward from your mouth.
- Chin wrinkles: The lines extending horizontally across your chin.
- Chin and cheek augmentation: Radiesse acts as a volume implant when aging causes your cheeks and the sides of your chin to look sunken.
- Corners of the mouth: With age, the corners of your mouth may begin to droop downward. Radiesse restores a perky, youthful mouth contour.
- Aging hands: Your hands begin to lose volume as you age, leading to wrinkled, crepe-paper skin. Tendons, bones and veins are more apparent. Radiesse for hands restores youthful, smooth skin.
Results typically last 1-2 years. Although, the microspheres of CaHA have been shown to last up to seven years. Radiesse should provide long-lasting correction, however individual results may vary based on age, skin type, lifestyle and muscle activity.
Advantages of Radiesse
One of the great things about Radiesse is that it can be combined with other dermal fillers to achieve the best results for each part of the face and for each individual patient. Dr. Soto is proficient at combining fillers in such a way so as to provide long acting results that are both natural and beautiful. He may also recommend combining Radiesse with Botox®, which can further accentuate the contour and definition of the involved area.
Other benefits of Radiesse include:
- Provides immediate results
- Stimulates collagen production for long-term results
- Clinically proven to last a year or longer
- No incisions, no sutures
- No downtime
- Restores a youthful appearance
Radiesse is a safe, effective and non-surgical method. It is extremely popular with Dr. Soto’s patients both for its immediate effectiveness and long duration.
If you live in Englewood or the surrounding metropolitan area and want to find out if Radiesse is right for you, please call Dr. Norberto Soto at (201) 816-0040. He will provide you with an individualized treatment plan to achieve the most natural, beautiful and youthful looking results..